Free call 1800 272 831
Quick Exit

Claude builds mow-mentum on Sunny Coast to help protect Aussie kids

November 16, 2016

Australia’s favourite mowerman Claude Harvey has kicked-off his latest ‘mowerthon’ on the Sunshine Coast where he will spend the next 25 days pushing his customised cutter to help Bravehearts educate, empower and protect Aussie kids.

The 70-year-old grandfather and national fundraising icon has raised a staggering $885,000 for the child protection organisation over the past decade. He hopes his latest trip will give him a huge boost towards mowing down the magic $1 million fundraising milestone.

He’ll kick off the 25-day mowerthon in Caloundra on November 15 and finish at Noosa on December 8. It’s the second annual walk for Claude on the Sunny Coast, where he says the people are generous and friendly.

Bravehearts - Claude Harvey 2

“Last year when I was here, I experienced great kindness from everyone and the Wilson family kindly cooked me dinner and bought it to the hotel I was staying at,” says Claude.

“People are supportive and always keen stop for chat, donate some money and are take a few pictures with me and my famous lawnmower.

“My ultimate goal is to reach $1million in fundraising for Bravehearts with funds going towards education and counselling programs for children and their families affected by child sexual assault.”

Bravehearts Founder and Chair Hetty Johnston AM, says Claude’s efforts are testament to the difference one person can make to the lives of so many.

“Claude is a national living treasure and we are forever grateful for his remarkable contribution and fundraising efforts,” says Mrs Johnston.

“Wherever he goes people take notice and it’s not every day you see a grandfather pushing a lawnmower through the main street of town. Claude’s passion to help Bravehearts create child-safe communities is incredible. In the last decade, he has tracked thousands of kilometres from WA to Tassie and now the Sunshine Coast, where he will be warmly welcomed by the community.”


Latest news

Dear valued clients,

The health, safety and wellbeing of our clients is, and always has been Bravehearts highest priority. The situation regarding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) locally and around the world is changing daily. Considering the latest government directives in response to COVID-19, and in looking forward as far as is possible, we are making changes to the way we deliver our support services. Bravehearts have moved to a position of contactless service delivery. All regular sessions and support services will now be conducted via telephone and our E-Health platform.

Bravehearts will continue to provide counselling and support services to all existing and new clients.  

The decision to proceed in this way has been made to safeguard the health, safety and wellbeing of our clients, staff and that of the community. The service changes are temporary. We will advise you of further changes.

We continue to accept and action new referrals for all services. Anyone wanting to access our services can call Bravehearts on 1800 272 831. People can still be referred, by calling, or by filling out an online referral form. We anticipate having a significant online and telephone capability to support clients and the community through this time.

If you have any questions about the changes outlined above, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

We appreciate your understanding during this uncertain time.