The Bravehearts’ Case Management Team can provide you with specialist assistance and support in a number of areas, including:
- Support when engaging with the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse;
- Assistance to gather records, for example; records about a person’s childhood while in state care;
- Referrals to private solicitors to assist people explore compensation options;
- Provision of information about how the criminal justice system operates;
- Help with reporting child sexual assault to the police, information on what to expect and rights as a complainant;
- Attendance as a support person with clients when making their police statement;
- Provision of practical support (for example, assistance applying for housing or emergency relief, referrals to domestic violence or alcohol or other drugs services);
- Providing referrals to other services, where appropriate.
To arrange a case management telephone appointment, please contact our Bravehearts Intake and Support Line to discuss your needs on 1800 BRAVE 1 (1800 272 831) or alternatively, contact us via email at email@example.com.