Introductory Online Course for Practitioners
Our specialist online course is for practitioners who are looking to extend their practice to work with survivors of child sexual assault and trauma more broadly.
The Introductory Practitioner’s Course is a 12 hour, self-paced, online course that provides a strong foundation into trauma and equips practitioners with knowledge to work more confidently with survivors of all ages.
The course covers topics including:
- Trauma and other effects of abuse
- Neurobiology of trauma
- Problem sexual behaviour and sexual harm
- Offending behaviours and motivations
- Legal issues when working with survivors
- Teaching personal safety to children
- Responding to disclosures
- Reporting child protection concerns
- Contemporary approaches to counselling
- Vicarious trauma and self-care strategies
Register now to gain access to our online training portal, OR call us on 07-5552 3000 and ask to speak with one of our training team members.
Alternatively, you may complete the Expression of Interest form below.