CHILD PROTECTION TRAINING FOR THE GENERAL COMMUNITY
1 in 5 Australian children will be sexually harmed in some way before their 18th birthday. As members of our community we all have the responsibility to protect children and education is the first important step towards preventing child sexual assault.
Supporting Hands is an introductory awareness course designed for all adults in our community. It provides information on the prevalence of child abuse and neglect with a focus on sexual assault and how it effects people throughout their life. The short course also discusses how offenders create opportunities to offend and best practice methods in responding to a child should they disclose to you.
This easy to use, web based training tool is:
- An interactive critical thinking learning experience
- Is able to be studied in your own time – the course is valid for 12 months (estimated to take approximately 2 hours)
- A downloadable learning resource to complement your knowledge
- An application and assessment of knowledge to consolidate learning
Supporting Hands costs just $50 per person and includes a completion certificate and an electronic guidebook.
- Videos with advice from QLD police
- Videos from Bravehearts specialists will stream throughout the the course
- A range of interactive activities will help the user apply their developing knowledge as they move through the training
- Every participant will have two opportunities to test and improve their knowledge at the conclusion of the course
- Each user will have 60 days access to complete the modules
You can register and commence your training program here.
Alternatively, you can find out more about how this program can work for you by:
Calling us on 07-5552 3000 and asking to speak with a member of our training team or completing the Expression of Interest form below: