In recent years, Australian organisations have increased their focus on preventing Workplace Health & Safety incidents. This affords some measure of protection for children and adults alike, but does not address some risks specific to children including the particularly confronting issue of child sexual assault.
By not understanding or managing child protection risks, an organisation could be held to account for their actions or inaction’s.
To address this issue, Bravehearts and EY have formed an alliance to help organisations work to better protect children.
Together we bring you ChildPlace Health & Safety (‘ChildPlace’), a risk management initiative, set to shift the way organisations protect children from sexual assault and which we believe is the next generation of Workplace Health & Safety.
ChildPlace combines Bravehearts’ experience as a leading child protection advocate and EY’s established ability to help organisations identify and manage risk.
ChildPlace is designed to assist organisations of any type and size to:
- Address structural and cultural gaps that create opportunities for child sexual assault and harm;
- Address a lack of documented organisational child protection measures;
- Initiate the launch of next generation Workplace Health & Safety;
- Decrease organisational risk exposure.
It invites organisations to:
- Strive to become a child safe organisation.
- Undertake a comprehensive ChildPlace risk identification process.
- Incorporate organisation-specific child protection measures into Workplace Health & Safety procedures.
- Empower individuals in the organisation to recognise and appropriately respond to child harm.
Benefits to organisations include:
- Contributes to an organisation’s ‘duty of care’.
- Contributes to corporate social responsibility and customer and employee engagement.
- Influences change through management, education and procurement practices.
- Becomes part of organisational culture, embedded in existing procedures and practices.
What is your organisation’s child protection risk profile?
Take this simple 5-8 minute ChildPlace Health & Safety Assessment Tool and then submit for analysis.
If you’d like to speak with someone about incorporating safe workplace practices, contact us on 07-5552 3000 and ask to speak with someone in our training team, or complete the Expression of Interest form below.