What does it take to be a 777 National Runner?
National Runners participate in all 7 marathons in 7 states in 7 days – over 300 km for the protection of Aussie kids! (Depending on their fitness level, National Runners can choose to run either the full or half marathon of each leg).National Runners participate in all 7 marathons in 7 states in 7 days – over 300 km for the protection of Aussie kids! (Depending on their fitness level, National Runners can choose to run either the full or half marathon of each leg)
National participants taking part in the Bravehearts 777 raise a minimum of $10,000 to help protect Australian children against sexual assault. Research shows that one in five Australian children will be sexually assaulted in some way before their 18th birthday – that’s 59, 000 children each year or more than 1,000 a week. With their contribution, our 777 National Runners actively help Bravehearts to reduce these statistics.
Once registered, participants receive a fundraising kit containing all the information they need to reach their fundraising requirements. This kit includes a letter of consent to fundraise, tips to reaching their goal and more. In addition, National Runners receive regular, ongoing support from the Bravehearts 777 event staff.
Participants get together with local community members, businesses, friends and family to host a range of fundraising activities, such as BBQ’s, morning teas, movie nights or even garage sales.
How does $10,000 help Aussie kids?
- 833 children gain access to Bravehearts acclaimed personal safety program – Ditto’s Keep Safe Adventure show; or
- 133 crisis calls are professionally responded to; or
- 66 children receive a counselling session; or
- 200 people are trained through introductory Supporting Hands online training program; or
- Training and community awareness is delivered to people who work with children; or
- A SADS (Sexual Assault Disclosure Scheme) participant discloses to Police resulting in the direct cessation of offending against another child; or
- Any combination of these life changing interventions plus so much more.
So you think you have what it takes to be a 777 National Runner?
REGISTER HERE FOR THE 2017 777 Marathon scheduled from June 26 to July 2.
Terms and Conditions of participation can be found at TERMS AND CONDITIONS.