JOIN AUSTRALIA’S MIGHTIEST MARATHON FOR KIDS!
Bravehearts’ 777 Marathon is back in 2018! Registrations are NOW OPEN for children’s champions who are brave enough to take on this mighty challenge to protect Aussie kids.
Held between 25 June – 1 July 2018, National Runners will tackle seven 42.2 kilometre marathons across 7 consecutive days in 7 states culminating in completing Australia’s largest marathon on the beautiful Gold Coast.
National participants in Bravehearts’ 777 Marathon raise a minimum of $10,000 to help protect Australian children against sexual assault.
How does $10,000 help Aussie kids?
- 833 children gain access to Bravehearts acclaimed personal safety program – Ditto’s Keep Safe Adventure show; or
- 133 crisis calls are professionally responded to; or
- 66 children receive a counselling session; or
- 200 people are trained through introductory Supporting Hands online training program; or
- Training and community awareness is delivered to people who work with children; or
- A SADS (Sexual Assault Disclosure Scheme) participant discloses to Police resulting in the direct cessation of offending against another child; or
- Any combination of these life changing interventions plus so much more.
NOT SURE IF YOU CAN DO IT? ASK US HOW!
No! When you decide to participate, you can choose to run any of the nominated distances per day, with the final marathon – The Gold Coast Marathon – being the only half or full marathon you will need to register for.
You will be given 6 hours maximum to complete the distance of your choice. You could choose to walk the half, or jog the 7kms and give yourself more recovery time.
There are many options and we are happy to discuss these with you.
There will be a mentor/coach who will be providing support online via our private Facebook group, email contact and phone calls. The mentor will also develop a standard training program, and can adjust this based on individual needs.
Also, you can download our TRAINING TIPS HANDBOOK as a good starting point if you are new to marathon running.
Below is a general rundown of how each day on the tour will scheduled. A complete time schedule will be provided to each National participant 4 weeks prior to the event commencement.
- 5:30am Breakfast
- 6.30am Depart Hotel
- 6:50am Marathon Briefing
- 7am Marathon Starts
- 2:30pm Marathon Cut-off (lunch)
- 3pm Final transfer back to Hotel
- 4:30pm Transfer to Airport
- 5.30pm Flight to next destination
- 8.30pm to 10pm Arrive Hotel (arrival time dependant on flight times and destination.)
- Repeat next day
The ‘Legends Dinner’ is and event, held by Bravehearts, for all National participants. It is held on the Gold Coast, on the Sunday after the Gold Coast marathon.
All National Participants will receive a complementary invitation for 2 people, where we will review the week that was, and celebrate your amazing achievements.
The Bravehearts staff are here to assist you with ideas and tips. We will assist you as best we can with fundraising opportunities in your area. We highly recommend getting suggestions from past 777 participants, and from other National Participants within the private Facebook group.
Any individual who registers for the full national 777 series and who is planning on traveling with and participating in all 7 marathons.
National participants in the Bravehearts 777 Marathon raise a minimum of $10,000 to help protect Australian children against sexual assault.
If you need to withdraw from the current series for any reason, you can transfer any money already raised to another participant to assist them this year. Further details on this are listed in our Terms and Conditions.
National Runner registrations close on 31 January unless capacity is reached prior to this date.
Support people are welcome; however, they will need to book their own flights, accommodation and transfers. The event, and all facilities pertaining to the event are reserved for event competitors and staff only.
You can contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling (07) 5552 3000.