JOIN AUSTRALIA’S MIGHTIEST MARATHON FOR KIDS!
Registrations for Bravehearts’ 777 Marathon 2019 are NOW OPEN!! Registration is only $50!
Held between 1 July – 7 July 2019, the Bravehearts 777 Marathon will see runners of all ages and abilities tackle 7 consecutive marathons, across 7 states, in 7 days.
National participants in Bravehearts’ 777 Marathon raise a minimum of $10,000 to help protect Australian children against sexual assault.
How does $10,000 help Aussie kids?
- 833 children gain access to Bravehearts acclaimed personal safety program – Ditto’s Keep Safe Adventure show; or
- 133 crisis calls are professionally responded to; or
- 66 children receive a counselling session; or
- 200 people are trained through introductory Supporting Hands online training program; or
- Training and community awareness is delivered to people who work with children; or
- A SADS (Sexual Assault Disclosure Scheme) participant discloses to Police resulting in the direct cessation of offending against another child; or
- Any combination of these life changing interventions plus so much more.
Not at all! You can choose to participate across any of the distances – 7km, 14km, 21 or 42km. The final marathon – The Gold Coast Marathon – will be the only half or full marathon you will need to register for.
You will be given 6.5 hours maximum to complete the distance of your choice. You could choose to walk the half, or jog the 7kms and give yourself more recovery time.
There are many options, and we are happy to discuss these with you.
Bravehearts will put you in contact with a mentor/coach. They will be provide ongoing support online via our private Facebook group, email and phone calls and monthly skype group meetings. The mentor will also develop a standard training program, and can adjust this based on individual needs.
Also, you can download our TRAINING TIPS HANDBOOK as a good starting point if you are new to marathon running.
Below is a general rundown of how each day on the tour will scheduled. A complete time schedule will be provided to each National participant 4 weeks prior to the event commencement.
- 5:00am Breakfast
- 5:30am Depart Hotel
- 5:50am Marathon Briefing
- 6:00am Marathon Starts
- 12:30pm Marathon Cut-off (lunch)
- 1:00pm Check out of Hotel
- 1:30pm Transfer to Airport
- 4.00pm to 5.00pm Flight to next destination (Dependent on flight times and destination)
- 5.30pm to 10pm Arrive Hotel (arrival time dependent on flight times and destination.)
- Dinner (Dependent on flight times and destination)
- Repeat next day
The ‘Legends Dinner’ is and event, held by Bravehearts, for all National participants. It is held on the Gold Coast, on the Sunday after the Gold Coast marathon.
All National Participants will receive a complementary invitation for 2 people, where we will review the week that was, and celebrate your amazing achievements. Further tickets will be available to purchase closer to the event.
The Bravehearts staff are here to assist you with ideas and tips. We will assist you as best we can with fundraising opportunities in your area. We highly recommend getting suggestions from past 777 participants, and from other National Participants within the private Facebook group.
Any individual who registers for the full national 777 series and who is planning on traveling with and participating in all 7 marathons.
National participants in the Bravehearts 777 Marathon raise a minimum of $10,000 to help protect Australian children against sexual assault.
If you need to withdraw from the current series for any reason, you can transfer any money already raised to another participant to assist them this year. Further details on this are listed in our Terms and Conditions.
National Runner registrations close on 31 January unless capacity is reached prior to this date.
Support people are welcome; however, they will need to book their own flights, accommodation and transfers. The event, and all facilities pertaining to the event are reserved for event competitors and staff only.
You can contact Jess Ward from our events team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (07) 5552 3000.
Other useful stuff
Take a look at the TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Don’t forget to read the DISCLAIMER
Download our TRAINING FOR A MARATHON – A BASIC GUIDE
Download our 777 MARATHON SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDE
Download our FUNDRAISING TOOKIT
Download our FUNDRAISING IDEAS GUIDE
Download 2017 OFFICIAL 777 MARATHON TIMES
Check out the 777 PAST RESULTS
Download 2018 OFFICIAL 777 MARATHON TIMES