Advocacy and Support
Bravehearts offers a comprehensive case management service to those who have experienced child sexual assault in hopes of supporting them to meet their individual needs.
Our case managers are all degree qualified professionals, with backgrounds in the areas of social work, law, child safety, psychology and criminology. This ensures our clients will gain the benefit of staff who have an insight into the operations of various institutions.
Our case managers:
- Assess individual needs
- Develop individual case plans with achievable goal setting
- Provide free and confidential support to anyone considering applying to theNational Redress Scheme
- Provide support and information about police processes and can attend as a support person when making a police statement
- Explain how the courts and the legal systems operate (in person or by telephone)
- Support you on your day in Court
- Provide information and practical support (for example, assistance applying for housing or emergency relief, completing Centrelink and Victims of Crimes financial assistance applications), and
- Provide referrals to other services, where appropriate.
To arrange a telephone appointment to find out how Bravehearts can help you, please contact our Bravehearts Intake and Support Line to discuss your needs on 1800 272 831, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our ONLINE REFERRAL FORM.