child protection training for Therapeutic Practitioners
Our specialist online course is specifically designed for practitioners looking to extend their practice to work with survivors of child sexual assault and trauma.
The Introductory Practitioner’s Course is a 12 hour, self-paced, online course that provides a strong foundation into trauma and equips practitioners with the knowledge to work more confidently with survivors of all ages.
The course covers topics including:
- Trauma and other effects of abuse
- Neurobiology of trauma
- Problem sexual behaviour and sexual harm
- Offending behaviours and motivations
- Legal issues when working with survivors
- Teaching personal safety to children
- Responding to disclosures
- Reporting child protection concerns
- Contemporary approaches to counselling
- Vicarious trauma and self-care strategies
Bravehearts’ Masterclass Series is designed to enhance clinical understanding of how to support children and families affected by child sexual assault. Ideal professional development for counsellors, social workers, psychologists, and clinical practitioners.
Our next Masterclass Series is scheduled for June 2019. LEARN MORE AND BOOK ONLINE TODAY!