Our specialist online course is specifically designed for practitioners looking to extend their practice to work with survivors of child sexual assault and trauma.
The Introductory Practitioner’s Course is a 12 hour, self-paced, online course that provides a strong foundation into trauma and equips practitioners with the knowledge to work more confidently with survivors of all ages.
The course covers topics including:
- Trauma and other effects of abuse
- Neurobiology of trauma
- Problem sexual behaviour and sexual harm
- Offending behaviours and motivations
- Legal issues when working with survivors
- Teaching personal safety to children
- Responding to disclosures
- Reporting child protection concerns
- Contemporary approaches to counselling
- Vicarious trauma and self-care strategies