- Home > Latest News > Bravehearts’ Youth Advisory Committee: Expressions of Interest
Bravehearts is currently seeking expressions of interest from young people (aged 15-25 years) to join the Bravehearts Youth Advisory Committee.
Overseen by Carol Ronken, Bravehearts’ Director of Research, the Bravehearts Youth Advisory Committee provides an avenue for the voices of children and young people to inform and provide youth perspectives to Bravehearts around our core remit: to prevent child sexual assault and exploitation in our communities.
- Members of the Bravehearts Youth Advisory Committee will:
- Advice on issues relating to child sexual abuse and sexual violence against young people.
- Advise on program development.
- Provide a voice for young people on relevant Bravehearts policies and procedures.
- Provide a voice for young people on Bravehearts lobbying work.
- Share and engage in discussions on relevant issues impacting on youth (i.e., consent, sex and respectful relationships).
To be considered for this voluntary, 12-month appointment, you will:
– Be aged 15-25 years as of July 2021.
– If 18 or older, have or be willing to apply for a Working with Children Check (State or Territory equivalent) (must be attained prior to starting position).
– Commit to engaging in a minimum of 6 in-person/virtual meetings per year.
To express your interest in joining the Bravehearts Youth Advisory Committee, please send a copy of your CV, along with a brief statement (max. 500 words) outlining your interest in and the personal qualities you will bring to the role, to Carol Ronken, Bravehearts Director of Research, at firstname.lastname@example.org