Child Sexual Abuse Stats and Facts
This section contains statistics and facts on child sexual abuse, sourced from the most recent national and international research and compiled by Bravehearts’ Research Team. Every effort has been made to ensure complete references have been provided.
The content of this section is updated every six months.
This research is also available in PDF format. To request a copy of this document, please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
- Prevalence of Child Sexual Abuse
- Nature of Child Sexual Abuse: Risk Factors & Dynamics
- Disclosure of Child Sexual Abuse
- Harmful Sexual Behaviour (Peer Instigated Abuse)
- Child Sex Offenders
- Convicting, Treating and Managing Child Sex Offenders
- Child Sexual Abuse & Religious Organisations
- The Impact of Child Sexual Abuse
- The Costs of Child Sexual Abuse
- Child Sexual Abuse: Prevention and Education
- Community Views of Child Sexual Abuse
- Online Risks, Child Exploitation and Grooming