A Commission of Inquiry into the Tasmanian Government’s Responses to Child Sexual Abuse in Institutional Settings, established in March 2021 and independent of government, wants to hear from anyone who has been affected or has heard about child sexual abuse in Tasmanian Government settings, in particular, the departments of:
- Health (including hospitals)
- Education (including schools)
- Communities (including the Ashley Youth Detention Centre and out-of-home care).
The Commission’s scope is new and will consider abuse that occurred, was alleged or reported after the year 2000 (it may have occurred before) and impacted not only victim-survivors but also loved ones, supporters and anyone with information.
Those wishing to share can choose to do so Confidentially, Anonymously or Publicly via;
- A prepared written submission, with the help of Legal Aid, or;
- Meeting one of our three Commissioners in a supported and private face-to-face setting.
To find out more get in touch, via: